Newport Historical Society Brick Market Museum and Shop
Newport Historical Society is seeking a Public Engagement Specialist/Sales Associate for a part-time position.
Part-time Associates will work up to 24 hours/week, flexibility will be appreciated. One weekend day may be required. Working hours are 9:45AM to 4:00PM, with full or half-day shifts.
· Act as the first point of contact for our visitors, welcoming them to the Museum, answering questions about tickets and memberships, selling tickets and merchandise. Answering questions and creating an exceptional customer experience for each and every guest is key to this position.
· Assist customers in the store, manage transactions on the POS system.
· Help with keeping inventory stocked and updated.
· The Museum is a self-guided experience, though associates will receive information about objects on display so they may assist visitors as needed and be able to answer questions.
· Perform other duties as needed or assigned.
The desirable candidate will possess the following qualifications:
· Familiarity with mobile devices, point-of-sale systems, retail sales, customer service, and inventory is required. Training on our system will be provided.
· Ability to multi-task and be able to respond to changing situations as needed.
· Excellent verbal, interpersonal, and customer service skills.
· A knowledge of and enthusiasm for local history and the Newport area is welcome.
· Prior museum experience is preferred but not required.
· Current Covid Vaccination status is also required.
To apply, please email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the position name in the subject line.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.