Business Manager, Newport Historical Society, full time
The Newport Historical Society seeks a Business Manager to serve as part of a small but vibrant team.
- Performs all day to day financial activities for the Society including: maintenance of financial records and bookkeeping (accounts payable and receivable).
- Reports and manages payroll records and prepares the bi-weekly payroll (with an outside service).
- Reconciles statements and provides monthly reports to the Finance Committee.
- Works with the Society’s auditor to prepare the audit and 990s each year.
- Maintains personnel files and manages benefits.
- Monitors, dispenses, and reconciles petty cash.
- Works with major suppliers, vendors and contractors to maintain appropriate contractual relationships and keeps records of these.
- Orders office supplies.
- Oversees financial activities of the Museum Store and works with the Store Manager, Education Director, and any staff involved in financial operations to ensure that there are good financial records of all Society activities.
- Supports other Historical Society activities as appropriate
- Must be computer literate and familiar with Quickbooks
- Must be familiar with bookkeeping, non-profit and fund accounting practices
- Must be able to communicate effectively in person and in writing
- Must be organized, efficient, and willing to work in a fast-paced environment
Salary commensurate with experience.
To apply, please send qualifications by email to firstname.lastname@example.org